Sunday, September 25, 2011

Bacon Chipotle Poppers

Oh, wow, y'all-- if I've learned nothing else from Pinterest, it's that you can make anything with crescent rolls. ANYTHING. And those of you who know me know that I would DIE for bacon. Or because of it. I haven't figured out which yet...

I saw this on Pinterest, a recipe from Lindsay over at "From the Aisle to Aloha"-- it had bacon and a title that referenced one of my favorite rap songs, what wasn't to like?


I bought my husband as an only semi gag gift a product called "Chipotle Toppers" from our local Marshall's which is just pre-chopped chipotles in adobo sauce ready to squeeze on to unsuspecting and bland sandwiches.

Since we love chipotle almost as much as we love bacon, I decided to use that instead of the jalapenos. I then raced to the store and promptly bought BACON and CREAM CHEESE! Wait, I'm missing something... oh, right, crescent rolls.

Two days later...

I cook-a the bacon-- I chopped it up first so it didn't get over-cooked and so I didn't have to worry about evenly sized pieces in the poppers.

I took Lindsay's advice and cut the crescent rolls in half-- I'd say that if you're a little clumsy like me, your first time around it wouldn't hurt to try it just with the regular crescent rolls.

I chopped off a small block of cream cheese and then cut the ends off to fill the pastry

Add cream cheese

Add chipotle 

Add bacon

I could just eat that now, right?

After about 10-15 minutes in the oven at 350 they were ready to go!

The only change I made was that instead of twisting the tops up, I sort of went for the diaper/swaddle fold with the three-sided pastry. and didn't have any problems with the filling busting out. 


Rating: Easy
Cost: Cheap
Conclusion: There were no leftovers. Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment