Thursday, September 22, 2011

Baked Caprese, Caprese Bowls, Caprese Balls...

OK, so I'm not starting this off right since this one didn't originate from a specific Pin, but there were so many awesome Caprese salad variations I just went for this one on a whim! I was still INSPIRED by Pinterest, so it counts, right? OK, fine, I'll get around it by pinning it myself!





All you need is a few fresh tomatoes with the top half scooped out, some mozarella (I used mozarella balls from the farmer's market) and some basil! I topped it off with a little kosher salt and some olive oil, then popped them in the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes. Next time, however, I will poke some holes in the bottom of the tomatoes because the juice almost got in the way of enjoyment. I didn't have any balsamic vinaigrette, but I picked some up the other day and will be adding it to round 2: deconstructed caprese! 

Rating: Easy Peasy
Cost: Cheap
Conclusion: Delicious-- if you like caprese salad, you have to give this a try! People will think you're super fancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment