Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Just for Fun/Upgrade Me

Just for fun I did a Lily Pulitzer colored chevron bracelet! It looks more red in this picture, but I promise-- pink, green, and white!



So I decided to go back to what I'd originally wanted to do and add a clasp on! 

Ribbon clamps in multiple sizes

I didn't have any glue, so I improvised with tape!

Snipped off the end just past the tape

found the right size clamp

and, well, clamped it!

This side was a little bit bigger... not something I'd anticipated!

but the next size up was too big...

I ended up squeezing that end in to the slightly smaller one and clamping it nice and tight.

So now I have my bracelet with clamps, jump rings, a lobster clasp, and a small pair of pliers to finish the job!

Since my pliers were small, I put them inside the ring and gently opened it up

Because the bracelet was long enough to go around my wrist, I only put a couple of jump rings on

Then I used one jump ring to put the lobster clasp on and...

Voila! Removable friendship bracelet!







No comments:

Post a Comment