Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pretty Pearls

I volunteer with a chapter of my sorority as an adviser-- I love making little things for my gals when they do a phenomenal job and a set of pearls always does the trick! Of course, pearls are muy out of my budget so I decided to make her a necklace-- way easier than I thought!
DandyLine thread, which was really easy to use and the perfect tension!

Charms to represent some of the symbols this chapter uses
Clasps-- because a necklace that doesn't stay on just isn't worth it

A needle to thread the DandyLine through

Crystazzi Pearls, on sale but cheap anyway-- over 150 of these guys in a pack!

I strung the pearls on using the needle and thread, about 30 to start with

Then I separated the charms with one pearl apiece, then strung another 30 on the other side

I finished the other end at the clasp point and here's the finished product! I have to admit I lost my ruler, so I don't know how long the necklace is, but it rests just below my clavicle and is very comfortable! I can't wait to try my hand at some more jewelry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment